Friday, June 3, 2011

Week the Ninth

This ninth week, and the beginning of my third month, has been a short one. Reduced in capacity by both the holiday at the beginning of the week and class starting this week, we had significantly less time to work.

The time that I have had the opportunity to invest has largely been used in testing components of our first deliverable and early builds of the mission for that deliverable. Some of these items were highly interesting - we spent a remarkable hour or two determining the feasibility and constraints of trying to land on a flying aircraft carrier. Suffice it to say, it's not as easy as S.H.I.E.L.D. makes it look.

We also had a couple builds of the mission that were less on the "interesting" end of the scale and more on the "oh come on now" end of the scale. We're looking at some of the inevitabilities of taking the fledgling steps in producing a piece of content - that is to say, "tricky" builds - and I certainly don't begrudge them. That being said, it is still an exercise in coordinating a large number of not-pinned-down components. Once we start to refine our testing paradigm, I'm sure it will become all the easier for it.

This month as a whole should see a sharp reduction in capacity from the past month, which is okay, but one notable challenge will be making sure that I am still able to add value to the project and benefit my team as some of the class hours get a little more daunting. It is a challenge I am looking forward to putting behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment